Five Eco Garden Tips
Here are 5 tips to help you spend more time enjoying your yard.
- Companion planting. This has saved me many hours of weeding and getting rid of pests.
- Planting onions with roses eliminated black spots on the roses.
- Planting sweet potato vines with your vegetable garden eliminates weeding.
- Eliminate Mosquitoes. Plant this flowers in your patio planter to keep away the mosquitoes. Basil, Rosemary, Citronella, Lemongrass, Marigolds, Tansies (Mums), and Garlic.
- Fragrance. Nothing like sitting outside and smelling the “roses”. Plant rosemary, thyme, lavender, autumn clematis, evening primrose. Shrubs / trees to plant are roses , wisteria, azaleas, butterfly bush, carolina allspice sweetshrub, mock orange, lilacs, magnolia.
- Music / entertainment. Post some bird feeders to bring in some sweet music. They bring in beautiful colors, are fun to watch, and they help remove the bugs.
- Improve your soil. Every little bit will help the soil return to its normal balance of minerals. Simple waste from the kitchen can be put into the ground or into a compost bin. Eggshells are one of the easiest items to start with. Put coffee grounds around plants that love acid, such as azaleas. Top your soil with compost to keep weeds away and help improve the soil.